We're going for a holiday! Finally, I'll get to see the inside of an aeroplane instead of only seeing it high up in the sky or parked at the airport. Daddy and Mummy are taking us on a trip to Southern Australia, specifically, Adelaide where Gong Gong John and Mama live. Now I get to see them up close and personal instead of only talking to them via the computer screen.
We'll be going to stay with Gong Gong John and Mama at their house at Brighton together with Uncle Colin and Ku Jie for a grand total of 16 days! That's the longest I'll be gone from home.. Hope I won't miss my bed and car too much..Since we'll be there for the 1st half of June, Kyan and I get to celebrate our 1st and 3rd birthdays away from home too.. But more of that later..Right now, the excitement is building as Mummy takes us shopping for my very own luggage bag and some warm clothing coz it's going to be cold at this time of the year. There's also the never-ending packing to be done (Mummy and Daddy's job, not mine). I keep hearing them say how amazing it is that the littler the passenger is, the more there is to bring!
In case anyone's wondering where the photos are, there aren't any to document our pre-trip preparations. We didn't even manage to take any at the airport coz our adventure started even before we left Singapore.. Our flight was scheduled to leave around midnight, and because we already did the online check-in and Daddy had to work till about 9 plus pm, we arrived at the airport at about 10 plus pm thinking that we would have plenty of time to check in the baggage. Daddy and Mummy went to do that while I waited with Uncle Colin, Ku Jie (who were there ealier) mama and Gong Gong. And I waited and waited and waited... Turns out that Kyan's name was not on the passenger list because there was a mix-up in his birth certificate number and his passport number (which is not the same number in his case). So the counter staff had to rectify the situation otherwise Kyan would be entering Australia illegally. By the time the paper work was done (the poor guy had to even call someone in Canberra), we had to rush through immigration and were the last to board the plane.
Before I knew it, the plane had taken off and we were in the air. Kyan was already sleeping when we got to the airport, and he continued sleeping like a baby (literally) in the bassinet throughout the 7 hour journey till we arrived in Adelaide. I was too excited at first to sleep even though it was way past my bedtime. In fact, to Mummy's surprise, I even chose, and ate up all the pasta, something I normally make a fuss over. Maybe food tastes different when you're so high up in the sky. Fiddled with the entertainment system for a while but Daddy couldn't find any car racing game for me to play with. Finally, with 2 hours more to go before touch-down, I fell asleep on Mummy's shoulder. I've not much recollection of the plane landing. The clearing of immigration and customs took another long while, especially when Daddy had to open the luggage for inspection because Kyan's booster seat and a pack of diapers showed up suspiciously on the screen. Eventually, we were walking out of the airport and windbreakers were hurriedly put on as the cool temperate air welcomed us and Gong Gong John and MaMa drove up in their cars to take us back to their home. Australia, here I come!
Week One
Ok, for everyone who has been patiently reading this rather long narrative and wondering if they'll see more than just words, its time to reward your patience = ) So, here're the first few pictures of us in Australia. They're all taken at Grandaunt Philippa's gorgeous beachfront home!








No comments:
Post a Comment